Laminate flooring–the right choice
are a popular choice among homeowners renovating on a budget and wanting the look of stone or wood on their floors.
Designed to replicate the natural color, grain, and texture of real hardwood, tile or stone, laminates are very durable, water-resistant and even recommended if you have pets or kids.
Easy cleaning tips for laminate floors
A 50/50 solution of warm water and vinegar applied with a microfiber mop will leave your laminate flooring sparkly clean without a film. Be sure to use a damp mop, not soaking wet. Avoid soaking your laminate floor as this could cause damage.
Advantages of laminate floors
This type of flooring is, easy to clean and comfortable to walk on and cost-effective. Other advantages include:
- Resistant to damages: They are made in multi-layers of a synthetic product that are fused in a lamination process. Not only are they durable, but also resistant to scratches and wear and tear.
- Replace the damages board with ease: These floors are installed as a floating floor through a click together with no connection to the subfloor. If you have a piece that is damaged, you can replace it without having to redo all the flooring.
- Long lifespan: If they are taken care of well, they can have an average lifespan of 15 to 25 years.The life expectancy is affected by the quality, proper installation and the amount of traffic it receives.
- Ideal for particular areas: Durable and easy to clean, they are ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, entryways and other heavily trafficked living areas.
- Ideal for allergy suffers: They are a great option for people who are prone to allergies.
- Pets: Laminates are a preferred option among pet owners as their nails do not cause damage.And of course, they are easy to clean. Ask about manufacturers' 72-hour water-resistant products.